🕒 Prep time 5 minutes 🍳 Cooking time 20 minutes
A Frittata is an Italian dish made from eggs and is very similar to an omelette however unlike an omelette which is fried quickly the Italian version is slowly cooked on both sides then served warm or cold as a brunch or lunch Idea.
A wide variety of ingredients can be added to the eggs including herbs, meats, cheeses and vegetables. This recipe makes use of fresh asparagus which is just coming to the end of season and introduces fresh peas which are at their best just now.
This recipe serves 4
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Spring onions, finely chopped
200g Asparagus, trimmed and roughly chopped
100g Fresh peas or frozen peas, defrosted
50g Vegetarian hard cheese, grated
2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
40g Feta cheese
Salt and black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a medium-sized non-stick frying pan and add the spring onions and cook gently for 2-3 minutes until softened.
2. Add the asparagus to the pan and fry gently for 2- 3 minutes.
Stir the peas into the pan and cook gently for a minute.
3. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a jug, whisk until combined, and stir through the parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese, mint, parsley and seasoning.
Pour the eggs into the pan and stir gently for a couple of minutes, pulling the mixture from the sides into the middle until the base is starting to set about 3-4 minutes.
Preheat the grill to medium heat.
4. Sprinkle the feta evenly over the frittata then place the pan under the grill for about 10 minutes until the frittata is well risen and golden.
5. Remove from the pan and serve hot or cold with a seasonal salad.
Products used to make this recipe